With 2009 coming to a close and the possibility of some friends and family checking out the blog for the first time, I thought I would take a few moments to go back through everything I’ve written since I started in September and pick out the 5 posts that I liked the most.
5. Top 10 Oiler seasons: November 7th. This was probably the most fun to research. A look through the Oilers 30 years of greatness with a focus on the best seasons had by guys not in the Hall of Fame. I think this was my first original content posted over at low on oil.
4. Saturday night double dip: November 8th. This post is the only non-sports thing I’ve done thus far. It is a fun story about the night that Katherine and I had to be two places at the same time and how it all went down.
3. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory: December 1st. Some days I really like this one and some days I think it is tres self indulgent. Inspired by the Roughriders collapse at the Grey Cup with my take on why people choke at crunch time.
2. Western Conference Analysis: October 18th. Arguably the post that sticks most closely with why I started a blog. A heavy statistical focus on what separates the elite from the also rans.
1. Sliced Bread or Stinky Cheese? Your 2009 Edmonton Oilers: November 5th. This post takes the #1 slot just based on the title, which still cracks me up every time I read it. My first post over at low on oil which was a combination of a couple of things I had done previously on my site. It is a look at what we could expect from the Oilers this year.
Thanks for checking out the site! Have a safe holiday season and a happy new year!